- President, CITAC Computer, Inc., U.S.A.
- B.S., Jiao Tong University (1947)
- M.S., Harvard University (1950)
- Ph.D., Yale University (1952)
- Professor of Electrical Engineering, Northwestern University
- Director of Research, Battelee Memorial Institute
- Adjunct Professor, Ohio State University
- Graduate Research Professor, University of Florida
- Director of Center for Information Research, UF
- Graduate Research Professor Emeritus, UF
- Life Fellow, IEEE.
- Distinguished Alumni, Yale University
- Honorary Professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- U.S. Pattents on Machine Translation
- Academician, Academia Sinica, R.O.C. (1972)