Marine Corps, platoon leader, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 1971-1973.
Halcon Research and Development Corporation, Research Engineer, Little Ferry, NJ, 1976-1980.
- Developed a metal oxide catalyst for selective oxidation of methacrolein to methacrylic acid.
Exxon (1980-1999) and ExxonMobil Corporate Strategic Research Laboratories, Clinton, NJ, 1980-2013.
- Sr. Research Engineer, Sr. Staff Research Engineer, Hydroprocessing Research, 1980-1984.
- Group Head, Hydroprocessing Research, 1984-1986.
- Special Task Force Leader, Hydroprocessing Catalyst Commercialization, Exxon Research and Development Laboratories, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1986-1988.
- Group Head, Mathematical Modeling of Refining Processes, 1989-1994.
- Project Leader, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Hydroprocessing of Fuels and Lubricating
- Project Leader, New Developments in Delayed Coking Process, 2011-2013.
Editorial Board, Applied Catalysis A: General, 2003-2008.
Continuing Education Committee, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2010-2012; Nominating Committee, 2012-2013.
Advisory Board, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2014-present.
Consultant, Hydrocarbon energy and petrochemical companies, 2014-present.